Looking for work to fulfill a school or service group community service requirement? The library has plenty of opportunities for VolunTeens, both during the school year and in the summer! Find out more by contacting a Youth Services Librarian (in the Children’s Room) at 518-477-7476, menu option 3.
Summer VolunTeen Program
Are you interested in volunteering at the library this summer? Choose from a variety of jobs such as signing kids up for the Summer Reading Challenge, assisting librarians during special events, and shelving books and DVDs.
In order to be a Summer VolunTeen you must…
- be entering grades 7-12 in the fall
- complete the online Summer VolunTeen Application
- attend ONE of the following drop-in Summer VolunTeen Trainings:
- Wednesday, June 7th @ 3pm
- Wednesday, June 14th @ 7pm
- Thursday, June 15th @ 3pm
- Saturday, June 17th @ 11am
All interested teens MUST fill out the
2017 Summer VolunTeen Application:
School Year VolunTeen Program
Whether you are interested in helping out on a regular basis or simply meeting a small requirement for a class or club, you will need to print and fill out a School Year VolunTeen Application. Once you turn in your application (to a Youth Services Librarian in the Children’s Room), you will be contacted about scheduling shifts.