Are you creative, passionate, organized, and diplomatic? We’re looking for bright, new talent to develop and implement all marketing and promotional strategies for the East Greenbush Community Library; a gathering center where all people can come to enrich their lives, be inspired, and discover anything they might want to learn.
The community relations coordinator is a member of the senior management team and works closely with the Director to develop an annual plan of library marketing objectives and activities for community relations and participates in library-wide planning and decision making, and website management.
Event planning and effective communication is a must! You will work closely with the Director and approximately 30+ staff members to plan and implement special promotions and events. As community relations coordinator, you will serve as the liaison to the Friends of the East Greenbush Community Library and assist with fundraising and special event planning.
Previous library experience not required, but an affinity for our mission is! Library staff is dedicated to anticipating and responding to the evolving needs and expectations of our community and region and enhancing community connections.
Our Core Values:
- Respect and care: If we’re not treating everyone well, we’re not making anyone feel at home.
- Do the right thing: Go the extra mile with each other and the public.
- Get it done: Look for solutions when problems arise, while working with patrons and coworkers.
- Champions for literacy and reading: At the heart of everything we do.
- Responsive to community: Community needs drive programs, material selections, and services.
25 hours per week. Some flexibility is required; schedule may include daytime, evening, and/or weekend hours. 5 hours daily, Monday-Friday (typically daytime, hours flexible)
- (4) years college with specialization in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Commercial Art, Media Art, or closely related field
- (2) years college with specialization in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Commercial Art, Media Art, or closely related field AND (2-5) years of experience in marketing or associated field with graphic design experience in the following areas: Event Planning, Graphic Design, Layout, Communications/Marketing, Grant writing/management (preferred, but not required), and Fundraising experience (preferred, but not required).
Please submit a Cover letter, Resume, Rensselaer County Civil Service application and three professional references to:
Ms. Jill Dugas Hughes, Director; firstname.lastname@example.org
East Greenbush Community Library
10 Community Way
East Greenbush, NY 12061.
Position will remain open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on October 19, 2017.