Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Adult Book & Media Sales each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
Each of the Adult Book sales features as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Gardening and Sports
- Art and Travel
- Self-help and Cooking
- Home decoration and repair
The Friends also sponsor the Community Children’s Festival at the end of September each year. There is no charge to attend the festival and there are free snacks, crafts, face painting and entertainment, just for children and families.
Children’s Book Sale
The Friends hold a children’s book sale on the same day, and the day after, the Children’s Festival. There are oodles of books for all ages.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- Please be considerate of our volunteer sorters. If books are moldy, water damaged, dirty or missing pages, please recycle them instead of donating them to the library. Check boxes or bags to make certain that you have not included items you did not intend to donate.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may download one here or pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The success of our book sales result from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Sale Dates
2019 Spring Book & Media Sale
Thursday, May 2: 5pm – 8:30pm
Friday, May 3: 9am – 8:30pm
Saturday, May 4: 10am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, May 5: 1pm – 3pm (BAG SALE ONLY)