Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Adult Book & Media Sales each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
Each of the Adult Book sales features as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Gardening and sports
- Art and Travel
- Self-help and cooking
- Home decoration and repair
The Friends also sponsor the Community Children’s Festival and Book Sale at the end of September each year. There is no charge to attend the festival and there is free food, crafts, face painting and entertainment, just for children and families.
Children’s Book Sale
The Friends hold a children’s book sale on the same day, and the day after, the Children’s Festival. There are oodles of books for all ages.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round. Depending on available space, materials might not be accepted the week before or after a sale.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The success of our book sales result from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email email@example.com
Book Sale Dates
On Saturday September 22, 2018 the children’s book sale takes place in conjunction with the Children’s Festival.
On Sunday September 23rd the children’s book sale continues with a bag sale.
Watch this space for more information in August.
The next Adult Book Sale will be October 25th – 28th