Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Book & Media Sales for adults and teens (no children’s books) each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
Each of these book sales features as many as 20,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Art, Health, Self-help, Religion and Nature
- Sports, Cooking, Home Improvement and Gardening
This year’s Spring Book & Media Sale is coming soon!
- Thursday, May 2: 5pm – 8:30pm
- Friday, May 3: 9am – 7:00pm
- Saturday, May 4: 10am – 4:30 pm Unadvertised specials
- Sunday, May 5: 12pm – 3pm (BAG SALE ONLY) NEW Extended hours
Please note: The hours are slightly different than previous years. Also there will be unadvertised specials announced throughout the day on Saturday.
On Thursday only, to enhance your book sale experience, numbers will be provided to the first 100 patrons, starting at 3 pm. After receiving a number, patrons may leave and return at 4:45 pm. This eliminates the need to stand in line for a long period of time. Starting at 5 pm, numbers will be called and small groups of patrons will be admitted in number order. Patrons arriving after 5 pm will not need numbers and will enter after all cards have been collected. This will help alleviate congestion and all buyers will be allowed into the sale within 10 minutes of the opening, regardless of their place in line. Please note: no container larger than a bankers box will be allowed inside the sale.
- Our storage area is almost full! We cannot accept book donations between March 13th and May 10th.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- Please be considerate of our volunteer sorters. If books are moldy, water damaged, dirty or missing pages, please recycle them instead of donating them to the library. Check boxes or bags to make certain that you have not included items you did not intend to donate.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may download one here or pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The success of our book sales result from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Festival – September 21, 2019
The Friends also sponsor the Community Children’s Festival at the end of September each year. There is no charge to attend the festival and there are free snacks, crafts, face painting and entertainment, just for children and families.
Children’s Book Sale (Bag Sale) – September 22, 2019
The Friends hold a children’s book sale on the same day, and the day after, the Children’s Festival. There are oodles of books for all ages.