Book Sale Information
• The Friends accept donations of used books, audiobooks on CD, music CDs, and DVDs in good condition.
• No magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes or encyclopedias are accepted. Any kind of technical book more than 10 years old is not accepted. Books damaged in any way (odors, torn or missing pages. . . ) are not accepted.
• Please call the library to make arrangements for large donations (more than 6 boxes).
• The Friends sponsor two Adult Book & Media Sales each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
• Each of these sales feature as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase.
• The Friends also sponsor a Community Children’s Festival and Book Sale the end of September with books/materials, programs and entertainment just for children and families.
Book & Media Sale Preparation
Tots the Clown entertains at the Children’s Festival
Children’s Book Sale & Festival
• Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round.
• We reserve the right to suspend acceptance of donations based on available space.
• If you have a large number of items you would like to donate (more than 6 boxes), please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. There is a cart available near the Circulation Desk for your use to help transport the items into the library. All acceptable book donations are tax-deductible.
• We no longer provide receipts for book donations, but we do offer a donation form that you can fill out yourself. You may pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
Book Sale Dates
2017 Children’s Festival &
Saturday, September 23: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday, September 24: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
(BAG SALE ONLY)
2017 Fall Book & Media Sale
Thursday, November 2: 5:00 – 8:30 pm
Friday, November 3: 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday, November 4: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, November 5: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
(BAG SALE ONLY)