Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Adult Book & Media Sales each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
To Volunteer for the fall book sale click volunteer4fallbooksale. Volunteers are needed October 18th-October 28th.
Each of the Adult Book sales features as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Gardening and sports
- Art and Travel
- Self-help and cooking
- Home decoration and repair
The Friends also sponsor the Community Children’s Festival at the end of September each year. There is no charge to attend the festival and there is free food, crafts, face painting and entertainment, just for children and families.
Children’s Book Sale
The Friends hold a children’s book sale on the same day, and the day after, the Children’s Festival. There are oodles of books for all ages.
Thank you for your generosity!
Our book storage shed is full.
Please HOLD ALL DONATIONS until October 29th.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round. To allow us to prepare for and recover from the book sale, please hold all donations until October 29th.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The success of our book sales result from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email email@example.com
Book Sale Dates
2018 Fall Book & Media Sale
**Thursday, October 25: 5pm – 8:30pm **Opening Day
Friday, October 26: 9am – 8:30pm
Saturday, October 27: 10am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, October 28: 1pm – 3pm (BAG SALE ONLY)
**Opening Day: Numbered entrance cards will be provided to the first 100 patrons, starting at 3 pm. After receiving a number, patrons may leave and return at 4:45. This eliminates the need to stand in line for a long period of time. Starting at 5 pm, numbers will be called and small groups of patrons will be admitted in number order. Patrons arriving after 5 pm will not need numbers and will enter after all cards have been collected. This will help alleviate congestion and all buyers will be allowed into the sale within 10 minutes of the opening, regardless of their place in line. Please note: no container larger than a bankers box will be allowed inside the sale.