Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Book & Media Sales for adults and teens (no children’s books) each year – one in the spring and one in the fall. See below for the dates for the upcoming sale.
Each of these book sales features as many as 20,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Art, Health, Self-help, Religion and Nature
- Sports, Cooking, Home Improvement and Gardening
Children’s Festival and Book Sale
September 21, 2019 10am-3pm
The Friends sponsor the Annual Children’s Festival every September. There is no charge to attend the festival and there are free snacks, crafts, face painting, bounce houses and entertainment, just for children and families.
The Friends hold the Children’s Book Sale on the same day, from 9am to 4pm. There are plenty of books for all ages.
The Children’s Book Sale continues on Sunday 1pm-3pm with a bag sale.
Volunteers Needed for Children’s Festival & Book Sale
We need volunteers for every book sale; for pre-sale preparation; to work during the sales and for breakdown after the sales. If you can offer a hour or two. Please click on Volunteer4childrensfest (link will be enabled early September). This site will provide you with a description of the jobs available, the dates for which help is needed, and many different time slots for you to choose from. If you have problems with the sign-up process, please contact Friends’ volunteer Anne Cronin at 518-522-6057. If you have questions about the sale, please contact Friends’ volunteer Linda Murphy at 518-368-8155.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round, except just before and after each sale.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Please be considerate of our volunteer sorters. If books are moldy, water damaged, dirty or missing pages, please recycle them instead of donating them to the library. Check boxes or bags to make certain that you have not included items you did not intend to donate.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may download one here or pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The success of our book sales result from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Sale Dates
- Thursday, October 24: 5pm – 8:30pm
- Friday, October 25: 9am – 7:00pm
- Saturday, October 26: 10am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday, October 27: 12pm – 3pm (BAG SALE ONLY)