Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Book & Media Sales for adults and teens (no children’s books) each year – one in the spring and one in the fall. See below for the dates for the upcoming sale.
Each of these book sales features as many as 20,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Art, Health, Self-help, Religion and Nature
- Sports, Cooking, Home Improvement and Gardening
We will not be accepting donations until 11/6.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round, except just before and after each sale.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Please be considerate of our volunteer sorters. If books are moldy, water damaged, dirty or missing pages, please recycle them instead of donating them to the library. Check boxes or bags to make certain that you have not included items you did not intend to donate.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may download one here or pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The success of our book sales result from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Mini Book Sale
Home for the Holidays Collection
This special collection will be available beginning 11/18 until they’re gone! This collection is the “mini” part of our ongoing book sale which is available year-round and refreshed daily. See the book sale display across from the circulation desk. We will be offering themed collections throughout the year.
Add your email to the Friends mailing list to be notified about the next “mini” sale and other events.
Watch this space for next sale or for Spring plans.