Looking for work to fulfill a school or service group community service requirement? The library has plenty of opportunities for VolunTeens — during the school year and in the summer! Find out more by contacting The Youth Services librarians (in the Children’s Room) at 518-477-7476, menu option 3.
PLEASE NOTE: We no longer accept teen volunteers with court mandated community service.
2016 Summer VolunTeen Program (entering 7th grade and up)
- Register children for the Summer Reading Challenge (SRC).
- Hand out raffle tickets and prizes to children who complete SRC goals.
- Assist children with crafts and other projects at the Creation Station.
- Help librarians during special events with set-up & clean up, playing games or other projects as assigned.
- Direct patrons with questions about library materials, events or policies to ask a librarian.
- Must be entering grades 7-12 in the fall.
- Must agree to follow the Summer VolunTeen Rules and Expectations.
- Must demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills and be able to follow directions.
- Must attend one of the following drop-in Summer VolunTeen Orientations. Bring a completed 2016 Summer VolunTeen Application to the training and show up on time!
· Wednesday, June 8th @ 3pm*
· Thursday, June 9th @ 7pm
· Tuesday, June 14th @ 3pm*
· Saturday, June 18th @ 11am
*If you are interested in one of the 3pm trainings, there are buses that will bring you to the library from Goff & Columbia after school. Have your parents write a note so you can take that bus!
School Year VolunTeen Program
Whether you are interested in helping out on a regular basis or simply meeting a small requirement for a class or club, you will need to print and fill out a School Year VolunTeen Application. Once you turn in your application (to a Youth Services Librarian in the Children’s Room), you will be contacted about scheduling shifts.