Education and Employment Resource Center (EERC)
The library has redesigned the former literacy room to serve as a new Education and Employment Resource Center. The EERC will serve as a training space and will accommodate the programs described below.
New Education & Employment Books
Click on a book cover to see more information about that book.
Web Link Library
Reliable education and employment related web links selected by librarians.
There are no Resume/Cover Letter Clinics scheduled at this time. Please check back periodically for updates.
Practice speaking English with the library’s English Language Conversation Group.
- Practice your English speaking skills in a small, welcoming, supportive group
- Meet other new English speakers
- The group meets on alternate Tuesday evenings (every other week) from 7-8 p.m.
- Upcoming dates for Fall 2015: September 29; October 13 & 27; November 10
- Join the group anytime!
- Please sign-up online, in person at the library, or by calling the library at 477-7476
For information on English language tutoring or for referral to other English language learning programs, please contact Elizabeth at 477-7476 x125.
Questar III BOCES will not be conducting HSE (formerly GED) preparation classes at our library for the 2015-16 academic year. Questar will continue to offer the classes at several other Capital District locations. For more information or to register for a High School Equivalency preparation class, contact Questar III BOCES Rensselaer County Adult Education office at (518) 273-2264. More information about the TASC high school equivalency exam may be found at tasctest.com.