Meeting Room Policy
The East Greenbush Community Library maintains meeting rooms that may be used when not being used for library purposes subject to the regulations below;
- All meetings must be free and open to the public. In instances specifically approved by the Library Director a non-profit group may charge a fee to offset the cost of materials for participants.
- Reservations must be made in advance. Completion of a Meeting Room Reservation Application is required to confirm any booking request. All reservations must be pre-approved by the library. Groups are limited to 12 meetings in a 12-month period. No consecutive days are allowed.
- Programs that are planned by the library take precedence. The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation for library purposes and will make every effort to find alternative meeting space within the library should a conflict occur. The library has the right to cancel any scheduled use in an emergency.
- After the Library requirements, preference will be given to library related organizations, and Community groups. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis. These groups may reserve a room up to six (6) months in advance.
- Public services and organizations wishing to provide programs that are of public or community interest may reserve the room no more than three (3) months in advance. Reservations are on a first-come-first-serve basis. The Library reserves the right to determine what is or is not of public or community interest., this decision is at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for private/board meetings, and/or trainings, commercial or for-profit purposes. They may not be used for advertising or fundraising purposes. Information presented by commercial groups must be of an educational nature and may not refer to services provided by that particular institution. All literature to be distributed is subject to library approval.
- Meetings rooms are available for use only during the library’s hours of operation. Set-up may not begin before the library’s normal opening time. Please adjust commencement of morning meetings accordingly. All members of the group must vacate the meeting room 15 minutes prior to the library’s normal closing time. Library hours are: Monday-Thursday, 9am-9pm; Friday, 9am-6pm; Saturday, 10am-5pm and Sundays 1-5pm. The library is closed on Sundays in July & August.
- Due to the high demand of our library meeting rooms, a minimum advance notice of 24 hours is required for any cancellation. Failure to inform the library of a cancellation may result in loss of reservation privileges.
- All groups serving food or beverages, or using the rooms for arts and crafts activities, are required to make a $25 deposit which will be returned if no extra custodial services are required to prepare the room for future activities. Groups who do not retrieve their deposit within six months following their program, forfeit their deposit. Food and beverages must remain in the meeting room.
- Any damage to library facilities, willful or negligent, will be charged to the sponsoring group.
- The library is not responsible for loss or damage to the property of either the sponsoring group or persons in attendance. The library will not store any organization’s property or supplies.
- When scheduled for use by minors, an adult supervisor must be present at all times who is personally responsible for the conduct of the event.
- Absent parental authorization, minors are not permitted to attend programs in public meeting rooms.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Audiovisual equipment is available for meeting room use. The library cannot provide operators for the audiovisual equipment. Groups are responsible for loss or damage to library equipment.
- Publicity for a meeting is the responsibility of the organizer. The library may not be named as a contact point for information about, or registration for the event. The library does not take responsibility for handling inquiries regarding scheduled meetings. Neither the name nor address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
- Meetings must be conducted in such a way as not to disturb library operations.
- The library reserves the right to order the room cleared and/or bar future meeting room use for infringement of any of the above rules.
- Use of a meeting room does not necessarily mean endorsement by the East Greenbush Community Library.
Use of the Patio:
Organized meetings/programs must go through the meeting reservation procedure and adhere to the library’s meeting room policy with the following additions:
Tables, chairs and AV equipment cannot be provided for use in the patio. Groups must bring their own. (See #11).
Adopted by Board of Trustees January 16, 2001.
Amended October 21, 2003. Amended 2-09. Amended 5-11. Amended 1-15.