Print from your laptop to our printers at the library!
When you are in the library, you can easily connect to our printing system from your laptop computer and print to the library printer. There is a charge of 15¢ per copy for single-sided B&W (25¢ double-sided)and 50¢ per page for color copies. Begin by downloading and installing the LPT:One Print Client.
Install LPT:One Software
- Save and run the file. You can delete the file after you finish printing unless you want to save it for future use. It will need to be reinstalled each time you want to use it.
- If you get a warning about the origin of the file or a “did not install” notification, click on “more info” and select “run anyway.” The SmartScreen filter may block installation for Windows 8 users. If that happens to you, try this fix.
- If you are prompted to install additional printer drivers, do so.
- Once installed, LPT:One will minimize to your taskbar as the following icon:
- The LPT:One Print Client must be running in the background to print to our printers.
- Select the option to print in the browser or application you are using.
- Select Black and White on 192.168.9.12 (default), Black and White Double-Sided on 192.168.9.12, or Color on 192.168.9.12
- Enter number of copies and click Print.
- When prompted for User ID, enter your Library Card number and press enter. If you do not have a library card, enter any four or more digits (ex. 1234). You must remember this number when you pick up your print job at the Release Station, behind the Reference desk.
- Click OK to approve the cost and submit the print job.
- Your print job is ready to release at the Print Release Station next to the Reference desk. Follow posted instructions to pay and print.
Closing the LPT:One Print Client
- Open the LPT:One Print Client by clicking on the red icon in the taskbar.
- Click “Stop Print Client.”
- The LPT:One Print Client closes, and restores your previous default printer.
Note: When you shut down or log off your computer, the LPT:One Print Client will automatically close. You will need to reinstall it next time you would like to print from your device to our printers.
Troubleshooting Windows Vista/7/8
Occasionally, users may have difficulty initiating a connection to LPT:One. If you cannot download the printing software, here are some things to try:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Disable pop-up blocker.
- Create a firewall exception or disable firewall (disable at your own risk).
- Login as an administrator before installing.
- Restart the computer and try installing the print client again.
If you can install the software, but the library printers do not show up for selection in the print dialog box:
- Did you allow all of the drivers to install when prompted?
- Allow the software 10 minutes to find and download drivers from the time installation completes.
- Sometimes Windows 8 computers mark LPT:One as unsafe and refuse to install it. If you run into this, there is a fix listed here: http://bit.ly/137Dj19 (case-sensitive)
- The latest version of Mac may reject our printer based on spaces in the printer’s name.
If you send a print job, but are not prompted for a User ID:
- File and print sharing must be turned on.
- User Account Control may need to be turned off (proceed at your own risk).
- If you continue to experience difficulty printing, please ask a librarian at the Reference Desk for assistance.
Print This Page