Book Sale Information
Thank You to everyone who supported and volunteered at our Fall Book Sale!
The sale netted a profit of a little over $15,000.
- The Friends accept donations of used books, audio, music CDs, LPs and DVDs in good condition.
- No magazines or VHS tapes are accepted.
- Please call the library to make arrangements for large donations (more than 6 boxes).
- The Friends sponsor semi-annual book sales each year.
- The book sales occur in the spring and in the fall each year.
- Each of these sales feature as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase.
- The Friends also sponsor a Community Children’s Festival and Book Sale the last weekend in September with books/materials, programs and entertainment just for children and families.
- The Friends will occasionally hold a Holiday Children’s Book Sale in December.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & LPs in clean, good condition may be left at the library at any time.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round.
- We reserve the right to suspend acceptance of donations based on available space.
- Please do not donate magazines, text books or VHS tapes. These are not accepted.
- If you have a large number of items you would like to donate (more than 6 boxes), please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. There is a cart available near the Circulation Desk for your use to help transport the items into the library. All book donations are tax-deductible. A receipt will be given upon request for your donation. Receipts are mailed twice yearly.
The Book Sales require a lot of volunteer support. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. If you are interested, leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library.