Book Sale Information
Friends Fall Book Sale
Thursday, October 27: 5:00 – 8:30 pm*
Friday, October 28: 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday, October 29: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, October 30, BAG SALE ONLY: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
30,000 gently used books in all subjects, presorted for your convenience.
Cash or checks accepted: no credit cards
*On Thursday, to enhance your book sale experience, numbered entrance cards will
be provided to early arrival patrons, prior to the start of the sale beginning at 3:00 pm.
The first 100 patrons will receive numbers: first come-first served. Get your number
then come back at 4:45 pm. A staggered sale entry begins at 5:00 pm. Numbers will be
called and collected for entry to sale. This is intended to alleviate congestion at the entryway
and in the aisles. As always, we have a great and plentiful selection of books –
looking foward to seeing you!
The Friends are looking for volunteers for pre-sale preparation, to work the sale and festival
and for breakdown/cleanup after the sales. If you have a few hours of your time, please
click on volunteer4booksale to sign up.
- The Friends accept donations of used books, audiobooks on CD, music CDs, and DVDs in good condition.
- No magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes or encyclopedias are accepted. Any kind of technical book more than 10 years old is not accepted. Books damaged in any way (odors, torn or missing pages. . . ) are not accepted.
- Please call the library to make arrangements for large donations (more than 6 boxes).
- The Friends sponsor two Adult Book Sales each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
- Each of these sales feature as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase.
- The Friends also sponsor a Community Children’s Festival and Book Sale the last weekend in September with books/materials, programs and entertainment just for children and families.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good condition may be left at the library at any time.
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round.
- We reserve the right to suspend acceptance of donations based on available space.
- If you have a large number of items you would like to donate (more than 6 boxes), please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. There is a cart available near the Circulation Desk for your use to help transport the items into the library. All acceptable book donations are tax-deductible.
- We no longer provide receipts for book donations, but we do offer a donation form that you can fill out yourself. You may pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
The Book Sales require a lot of volunteer support. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. If you are interested, leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library.
For more information, contact: [email protected]