Education and Employment Resource Center (EERC)
The library has redesigned the former literacy room to serve as a new Education and Employment Resource Center. The EERC will serve as a training space and will accommodate the programs described below.
New Education & Employment Books
Click on a book cover to see more information about that book.
There are no Resume/Cover Letter Clinics scheduled at this time. Please check back periodically for updates.
Practice speaking English with the library’s newly updated English Language Conversation Group.
- Practice your English speaking skills in a small, welcoming, supportive group
- Meet other new English speakers
- The group meets on alternate Tuesday evenings (every other week) from 7-8 p.m.
- Upcoming dates for Spring/Summer, 2015: May 12, 26; June 23; July 7, 21; August 4, 18
- Join the group anytime!
- Please sign-up online, in person at the library, or by calling the library at 477-7476
For information on English language tutoring or for referral to other English language learning programs, please contact Elizabeth at 477-7476 x125.
These classes, formerly known as GED classes, are held Monday and Wednesday mornings from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, September through June.
For more information or to register for the High School Equivalency (formerly GED) preparation class, contact Questar III BOCES Rensselaer County Adult Education office at (518) 273-2264.