Education and Employment Resource Center (EERC)
The library has redesigned the former literacy room to serve as a new Education and Employment Resource Center. The EERC will serve as a training space and will accommodate the programs described below.
New Education & Employment Books
Click on a book cover to see more information about that book.
Wednesday, May 13, 5:30-8:30 p.m. (registration begins April 27)
Thursday, June 11, 5:30-8:30 p.m. (registration begins June 1)
Make a one-on-one appointment to have your resume or cover letter reviewed and edited by an expert.
- Individual appointments last for 30 minutes
- Only one appointment per person per session; you may attend more than one session
- A draft resume or cover letter is required. Please bring a printed-out copy; you may also bring a copy on a flash drive to make on-the-spot edits
- Visit or call the reference desk (477-7476, option #4) to schedule an appointment
- Walk-ins will be accommodated if space permits
Practice speaking English with the library’s newly updated English Language Conversation Group.
- Practice your English speaking skills in a small, welcoming, supportive group
- Meet other new English speakers
- The group meets on alternate Tuesday evenings (every other week) from 7-8 p.m.
- Upcoming dates for Spring/Summer, 2015: May 12, 26; June 23; July 7, 21; August 4, 18
- Join the group anytime!
- Please sign-up online, in person at the library, or by calling the library at 477-7476
For information on English language tutoring or for referral to other English language learning programs, please contact Elizabeth at 477-7476 x125.
These classes, formerly known as GED classes, are held Monday and Wednesday mornings from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
For more information or to register for the High School Equivalency (formerly GED) preparation class, contact Questar III BOCES Rensselaer County Adult Education office at (518) 273-2264.