Book Sale Information
Spring Book Sale 2015
Thursday, April 23: 5:00-8:30 pm
Friday, April 24: 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday, April 25: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, April 26: 1:00-3:00 pm (Bag Sale Only)
Choose from more than 35,000 used books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs and LPs available for your reading and listening pleasure.
NO ADMISSION FEE ON ANY DAY!
Note: No separate pre-sale for library staff, volunteers or dealers.
Cash and checks accepted – No credit cards.
All books are pre-sorted and available to the public during the sale.
Most books are donated; very little library stock.
Scanners/electronic devices are allowed only on Friday – Sunday.
No children’s materials are offered at this sale.
- The Friends accept donations of used books, audio, music CDs, LPs and DVDs in good condition.
- No magazines or VHS tapes are accepted.
- Please call the library to make arrangements for large donations (more than 6 boxes).
- The Friends sponsor semi-annual book sales each year.
- The book sales occur in the spring and in the fall each year.
- Each of these sales feature as many as 30,000 items for the public to purchase.
- The Friends also sponsor a Community Children’s Festival and Book Sale the last weekend in September with books/materials, programs and entertainment just for children and families.
- The Friends will occasionally hold a Holiday Children’s Book Sale in December.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & LPs in clean, good condition may be left at the library at any time.\
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round.
- We reserve the right to suspend acceptance of donations based on available space.
- Please do not donate magazines, text books or VHS tapes. These are not accepted.
- If you have a large number of items you would like to donate (more than 6 boxes), please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. There is a cart available near the Circulation Desk for your use to help transport the items into the library. All book donations are tax-deductible. A receipt will be given upon request for your donation. Receipts are mailed twice yearly.
The Book Sales require a lot of volunteer support. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. If you are interested, leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library.
For more information, contact Leslie Effman, Book Sale Publicity Chair at [email protected].